- Application form must be completed in four copies and in capital letters
- Passport must be valid for at least (6) months
- Four recent colour passport-sized photographs of the applicant (taken not more than six months prior to application) and a showing full face of applicant, without hat, cap and sunglasses
- Photocopy of applicant’s round trip ticket OR attestation from Travel Agency
- Photocopy of Yellow Fever Vaccination: In accordance with International Health Regulations, all persons entering Ghana are required to have a valid Certificate of Immunisation against Yellow Fever. ‘click here for Yellow Fever Requirement for Travellers’
- Photocopy of applicant’s passport
- Photocopy of Swiss Residence Permit or ‘Carte de Legitimation’ or Student Card
- Minors and children under the age of 18 travelling to Ghana need written parental authorisation including copies of parent passports and Residence Permit
- Applicants wishing have to mail their applications to the Mission, must provide a self-addressed envelope with a regular Post Office Express Mail Stamp, OR Register Stamp for return postage
- Applicants for official/business visas should also provide the following
- Attestation Letter from their employers in Switzerland
- Invitation letters from their hosts in Ghana, together with copy of the passport of the host, and copy of the host’s Residence/Work Permit, if the host is not a Ghanaian national
- Evidence of means of their sustenance while in the country
- Students going to study in Ghana are required to produce admission letters from the Institution or University including dates of enrolment and a copy of their student card
- Applicants travelling to Ghana for paid employment provide offer letters of Immigrant Quota from the Ghana Immigration Service
- Applicants travelling to Ghana to undertake voluntary work should provide letters of offer of voluntary work from reputable/registered entities in Ghana.
- Applicants for tourist visas are to provide the following::
- Invitation letter from their hosts/hostesses in Ghana, including full residential address and telephone number
- photocopy of passport of host/sponsor, and copy of Residence/Work Permit of the host if the host is not a Ghanaian national
- Attestation from Hotel duly signed and Stamped by an accredited staff, confirming their reservation (Note: we do not accept unsigned email communication), in addition to Personal Contact name, Address and telephone number in Ghana in case of emergency.
- Foreigners married to Ghanaians need to bring letters from their spouses, including copies of their valid Ghanaian passports as well as Swiss Residence permits.
- Visa will only be issued when all the above requirements have been fully satisfied. Minimum three (3) working days are required for the processing of visas. Applicants are, therefore, required to deposit their passports, together with the completed visa application forms, with the supporting documents well ahead of the time of proposed date of travel, in order to avoid possible delays.
Note: All the documents must be presented in English, signed and stamped
- In exceptional cases, certain applications shall be referred to Ghana for prior approval. In such cases the applications may take much longer than the usual processing time
- Incomplete Applications: Applications submitted with inadequate information/requirements will not be accepted
Back to Consular Affairs